Consulting Services for Technical Content Development
We consult with clients who develop technical content for sales presentations, design reviews, product or investor pitches, technical conferences, team or management meetings, and more. Technical content consulting is the most beneficial for highly leveraged, widely distributed technical content.
Typically, content consulting is a back-and-forth process. We usually have an initial conversation to identify your goals and determine the process. As you create content, we review inputs and conference with you, providing feedback, revisions and direction. We may go through several rounds as needed to reach a final content design. We are happy to work with teams or individuals throughout the technical content design process.
Technical content consulting can help you:
- Develop and hone a “big idea” that communicates the “why” before the “what” and drives the entire content design.
- Identify and assess actual rather than assumed audience needs to better target the message.
- Design content to meet audience needs in a way that captures and maintains attention.
- Determine the appropriate amount and level of information to support the big idea without creating the classic“data dump.”
- Create a framework to deliver the content that works within the time or delivery constraints.
- Develop, evaluate and revise storyboards.
- Convert storyboards to slides that transform complex ideas into easy-to-follow presentations.
- Incorporate stories, demos, examples, analogies and other elements to increase audience retention, connection and mindshare.
- Plan and prepare for content delivery.
We consult via phone, video conferencing or in person either in Colorado or at your location, and we can bundle onsite consulting with a workshop to provide the right level of support. Consulting fees are quoted based upon customer requirements and may be half-day, full-day or project based..
Technical Content Editing
Once your content design is complete, you may need a careful eye to review written copy, slides or other content. We have an in-house technical content editor with a master's degree in English and over 30 years experience in technical and professional communications. Anne is fast, thorough and detailed, and she also has a terrific eye for good design.
You can hire us to:
- Edit technical content in any form (written copy, web content, PowerPoint slides, etc.)
- Edit to the level desired or required, from significant rewriting for style and flow to simply proofing final copy for grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors.
- Help you polish your PowerPoint slides to improve overall design for a clean and professional look.
- Help you develop or polish the design of other documents, whether written or online.
Rates are quoted hourly or by the project.